What do you think of the FREE Media Player?

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Vision

Vision


What will the next decade hold for you? Vision is the capacity to look beyond the moment into the vast potential of tomorrow. What is your vision?

We read in the bible about King Solomon, who in his timeless wisdom said, "Where there is no vision, the people perish." I'd like to paraphrase that statement, "Where there is no vision, a company fails." It's no accident that one of the phrases Dr. Wentz seems most fond of - and that I've heard hundreds of times over the years is, "Share my Vision."

Dr. Wentz has given voice to his vision: "I dream of a world free from pain and suffering. I dream of a world free from disease. The USANA family will be the healthiest family on earth". I'm certain some people may view Dr. Wentz' vision as impractical - or even impossible. I don't know...maybe Dr. Wentz even feels a bit uncomfortable being called a visionary. The truth is, a vision is little more than an empty dream until it is widely shared and accepted. Once that happens, it acquires the force necessary to move an organization in the intended direction. And look at us! Look at the direction we're headed. We will soon be a billion dollar company! I am proud to report that Dr. Wentz is surrounded by people who have adopted his vision and made it our own. USANA has empowered us to take a stand for our preferred future.

I realize building this business can be a bit scary at times. It takes some courage to do what we do. In order to be successful in building a USANA business we're forced to eliminate caution, we must step outside our comfort zone. Let me share three strategies that have helped me and may help you clarify your vision and reach beyond your fear:

1. Get to higher ground.

One of my favorite video clips is of Dr. Wentz standing on top of a mountain in Switzerland. You might have seen it; the camera pans around him and it appears he is looking out over the entire earth. Symbolically, we need to do the same thing...broaden our perspective and see ourselves in that big picture. Dream big. Don't sweat the small stuff. Occasionally I get a call that goes something like this: "I just got my order and one of my nutrimeal cans has a dent in it." Here is another favorite: "I don't think USANA is putting as much cotton in the top of the Poly C bottle as they used to."
Can I be frank? These people have failed the vision test!

2. Craft your own vision.

We can and should share Dr. Wentz' vision, but we need to personalize it. Tell your own story. I promise you, if you're passionate about it, your story will evolve over time. When I first started building my business back in 1994, I envisioned earning $100.00 a month. I was coming from a place of scarcity and low self-esteem. I knew I wanted to keep my daughter on the USANA products so I had to figure out a way to make $100.00 a month so I could afford to stay on autoship. I started telling our story and wow...the checks kept coming. My vision improved! As I began making a difference in the lives of others my own life began to change dramatically. I was able to look forward to a time that hadn't yet arrived. Before long I could see it and feel it as though it was real. And now it is.

3. Wake up and go to work.

Give your vision substance. Take action. If your vision stays in your mind...it is simply wishful thinking. Initiate conversations. Pick up the phone. Set up appointments. Tell your story. Use the USANA tools. Show the plan. You get my point. I've learned a valuable lesson by associating with some of USANA's elite athletes. Even professional athletes drag themselves to the gym. You simply have to exercise to get the energy to exercise. Building your business is exactly the same. I promise you won't sponsor 100% of the people you don't talk to! Just do it...ultimately, the power to achieve our vision lies within us.

Let me ask again: What will the next decade hold for you? Can you predict your future? Yes, you can - because you can create it.

Collette Larsen
USANA's Top Earner and 10-Star Diamond Director


Keywords:

AHA Scientific Statements, Alice Clegg, Alternative Medicine, antioxidants, body building, Business Opportunity, Calcium, California, Cancer, cardiovascular, diseases, cooking, diets, fitness, food, health, health and freedom, Jason Kilgore, Kilgore and USANA, Kilgore Defense Institute, Kilgore MMA, Martial Arts, men’s health, Mexico USANA, Minerals, mydreams.usana.com, nutrition, Healthy Brain, Cardiorespiratory fitness, nutritional, Recipes, Safety, Sierra Foothills Karate, nutrition, advice, sports, Sports Health, Sports Nutrition, Acupressure, Stress Management, USANA, Usana and Alice Clegg, Usana and Jason Kilgore, Usana and Sierra Foothills Karate, USANA HEALTH SCIENCES, USANA HEALTH SCIENCES DISTRIBUTOR, Traditional Chinese medicine, massage, herbs, botany, marine biology, aquaculture, sea, ocean, Utah, vitamins, wellness, Wellness Misphitz, women, fitness, womens health, Tim Sales, Naturopathic Medicine, integritas group, STI, Health and Freedom, Oriental Medicine, Acupuncture, DAOM, OMD, Metabolic Syndrome, Skin conditions, Journal of Family Practice, Complementary & Alternative Medicine, homeopathic remedies, B vitamins -- folic acid and B12, Alternative Healthcare Professional, Mind Body Health, Cherimoya, Massage Programs, Body Therapy Programs, Asian Holistic Health & massage, Chinese and other Asian systems of medicine, Tui Na Certificate, Tui Na Hand Techniques, CPR/First Aid, Asian Body Therapy, safeliving@usana.com, Mexico USANA, Ocean Conservancy

No comments: